Mom & I drove the boys up North on Saturday for a picnic at Lake Mary! It was gorgeous weather...a little windy, but nice. The boys did really well for the drive up. We timed it for nap-time so that worked out perfectly. Picked up some KFC on the way to the lake, and had a picnic right next to upper Lake Mary. The wind was a little annoying so we really didn't stay too long; just long enough to eat our lunch & take some cute pics.

We hiked down to the picnic area since the road was closed.

Had I known it would have been chilly; I would've packed warmer clothes. Guess I should've known though; we lived there long enough.

After the lake we headed over to the cemetery to see Dad. It has gotten easier as time is passing, but it's so hard to explain to Parker (and soon Braden) that Grandpa Bill is in Heaven.

We ended our day walking downtown Flagstaff and visiting our favorite little shops. It's always nice to visit, but I'm glad we don't live in such a small town anymore. It's hard to believe this is our 3rd year in the Valley. Some may say 3 years too long, but I am glad we came. Stay tuned for updates on our plans to move to Colorado.
Looks like a fun trip. So how was traveling with a newly potty trained boy? It's crazy that you guys are really moving to Colorado. Hopefully we can get up to the valley soon.
ReplyDeleteIt was! I will miss being able to just cruise up to there and spend the day. Parker did really good. Since he was napping, he didn't have an accident and we didn't need to stop. Just made sure as soon as we got there- he went straight to toilet. He only had one accident which i was expecting since there wasn't anywhere to go at the lake, or the cemetary so it was a matter of time. I couldn't get him to go standing up so he only needed to change once! We're so proud of him!
ReplyDelete