Monday, March 2, 2009

Farewell

Last night we bid farewell to Phil's parents for the next 18 months. They left for a missionary trip to Sierra Leone, Africa today & will be back in September 2010. It was hard to say good bye, but we're very excited for them and hope the best for their journey ahead! Parker was pretty sad but even after saying goodbye, he doesn't understand that they are gone for a long time. When I got home from work today, he asked if we could go to Grandma's house and I had to remind him that Grandma & Grandad left for Africa and will be away for a while. He just said, but can we go to Grandma's? ... obviously it won't be clear until the next time we go to their house, and they're not there...that's when I think he will actually understand. Good bye for now & see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Crap! 2 posts in a row. I think I need to change my pants. Funny pic of Braden. Looks like he is saying "OMG why are you looking at me with that camera!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like Derek. I'm so glad to see some new posts. Even though we see you all the time it is fun to see what else is going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete