Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The payoff

Haven't posted much of the finished product yet so...
Friday around 5 (when I got home from my work),
Phil and I decided we would lay our new lawn.
Easier said than done.
After grabbing a quick bite, we began roto-tilling the freshly de-weeded dirt that covers the majority of our backyard.
Mixed in the top soil
&
Sweet Success!
(about 24 hours later)
The hard part has been trying to keep the boys and the dogs off the lawn,
until it has a chance to root.
Finished product of Phil's studio
(although, if you ask him...it's not quite finished...he says, still needs sound treatments)
The boys playing with their blocks in the living room.
Babe makin' up some good eats in his little kitchen
The view from our back deck.

4 comments:

  1. I would make one suggestion on the grass. You probably want some sort of barrier between the rocks and the grass for two reasons; 1) so you don't kick rocks with the lawnmower. 2) help keep grass from growing in your rocks. Just my suggestion. Otherwise things look awesome. Can't wait to make it up there for a visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness the barrier was already in place! It totally keeps the rocks out of the lawn which is awesome! Good lookin' out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you too, but looks like you are settling well in Colorado. You guys have become quite the home makeovers. I should hire you when I need someone to redo my home. :) Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete