Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lots of work 'n a little play

Last weekend was paint fest! We actually only intended on painting on Friday, but when we were done with "touch-up" paint, we realized the color we had matched at Home Depot didn't match. It ended up drying a different finish, so we went back to the H.D. to buy the right finish. The color was all wrong on the second batch, so we quickly saw that we were being forced to paint the entire house. So that's what we did! I took work off on Friday and by the end of the day we had a large portion of the living room, kitchen/dining room, & stairway painted.
We spent the evening celebrating Josh's 21st Birthday at a Wine and Tapas Bar called Indulge. It was a great dinner, and especially nice to be with Josh for his big day!
Don't they make the cutest couple!!
He's a keeper for sure!
By the end of Saturday we were at a stopping point since we don't own a ladder, and all that was left was the high points. I was so relieved when Phil announced we were taking Sunday off!
(random picture of the view from our back porch)
We spent the day at Elich's Six Flags in Denver playing at the water park and on the rides in the amusement park. That was the reward for the boys who had to sit on the back burner for yet another weekend while Mom and Dad had to work. They have been so good about it most the time, but you can really tell when they need our attention!
We met Brian and the crew at the park so we were able to enjoy the day playing before it was back to work; back for yet another week. All day at the park, Parker was on a mission to ride every ride available in his size! I wouldn't doubt if he achieved that goal either! He even rode rides that I don't think he was quite big enough for, but he squeezed in!
(that's Parker squeezed in between Bri & I)
He loved it! So soaked!
Braden spent the majority of the time chillin' in his stroller or napping!
He enjoyed the water park, but I think he wore out quick from the sun.
I can't do the dizzy rides well, so Phil was stuck on the tea cups!
Choo-Choo!

2 comments:

  1. Maeley is requesting a picture of Parker and Braden's bunk bed. Silly girl. Oh and we are going to Gilbert this weekend and had to explain to them that Parker moved far away. I think Chase is bummed out. He keeps saying "Park is far way" and looks sad.

    Sorry to hear about your painting problems. Looks like you are having tons of fun in Colorado though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Little buddy. We miss you so much Mr. Chase!! And of course we'll post pics of the bunk bed for you Maeley! Have a great time in Gilbert this weekend, and give everyone our hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete