Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Braden's 2!!

Since Braden's 2nd birthday was on a weekday we ended up celebrating Braden's full birthday week! We had cupcakes on his birthday night with Mike & Amy & he got to open a couple of his gifts too!!
He was almost as excited about the box his present from Grandma & Grandad Jones came in as the gift that was inside... he and Parker played with the box for the next several days (and the present too of course ;)!
Braden is a BIG Sesame Street fan! He loves Elmo sooooo much & gets very excited when he sees Elmo on TV or in a book, so Elmo was the theme for his birthday this year... some planned... some not. Uncle Mike & Aunt Amy gave Braden a Cookie Monster that sings Cookie Monster Had a Farm.... he absolutely LOVES it!!
He was thrilled when he saw his Elmo birthday balloons!
I just love how small our little guy is!!
This was his favorite game at the party & the other 3 times he and Parker got to go with Bill & Sara while Phil & I were in New York (Can we say SPOILED!?!?!)
He just gets bouncin' up and down so fast to get as many of the balls to bounce into the dog's big mouth!! He did really good too!
Elmo Cupcakes
What's a birthday without cake all over your face!!
Cupcake kisses!
Braden got a new scooter from Mom & Dad, and he rode it all over Chuck E Cheese's!! It was SO funny! He didn't care about playing anymore games, he just wanted to ride his scooter!!
Big brother showin him how it's done!
(or trying to take it away from him.. I can't quite tell)
Ahhhhh!!! Elmo doll from Uncle Bill, Aunt Sara & Billy!! His new Elmo blows kisses and tells him how much Elmo loves him!!
Elmo Kisses!
Ashley won over 1600 tickets that day, and got the boys some really cool stuff!! I just hope she found something for herself too!!
Braden had his 2 year check-up today. Doc said kids his age typically know at least 50 words and have some 2 word phrases, so since he only says Ma, Da & Ba, they've referred him to Child Find to have his 'expressive language delay' evaluated. He weighs 25 lbs (24%) and is 32" tall (25%).
Our Braden is an absolute joy and fills our life with so much love & reward!
His favorite foods are without a doubt fruits and vegetables; but mainly bananas (Na). He will go to the kitchen and find a 'Na' & bring it to us to open for him. If we tell him no since he's already had 2 or 3 that day, he will yell NAAaaaa as loud as you can imagine until we either open the banana or hide it from him (thus suffering the wrath of Angry Baby).
Braden is ALL Boy!! He may seem soft on the outside, but my oh my does this kid have a onry streak! He picks on Parker just as much, if not more than Parker picks on him! We are REALLY trying to teach him not to scream, but since he doesn't talk, it really is one of the only ways he likes to express himself.
He's a VERY smart boy and I'm not totally convinced that he doesn't know how to talk... maybe he just doesn't want to. Either way, he communicates just fine and understands what he's being told or taught! He is learning to play games and loves to read books and have songs sung to him! It's so funny when ever Braden starts crying for whatever reason, Parker will almost immediately start singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to him :) I think it even works sometimes too!
I just cannot believe it's been 2 years already?!?! Life is great, but man it sure is starting to fly by!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's already 2. Man our kids are growing up too fast. Maeley didn't start talking much until a couple months after she turned 2. I'm sure your right, Braden is choosing not to talk.

    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a cute guy!! I can't believe how much they change in a year. We definitely need to see you guys soon. I'm glad Mom and Dad are coming home soon.
    Thanks for the comment on my post. I really am loving being home. I definitely have to keep myself motivated but I love not having as much stress in my life.
    Love you guys, Kari

    ReplyDelete