Thursday, December 10, 2009

My attempt to squeeze a wonderfully busy weekend into one post!

Last weekend was full of family fun! We took the boys to the Candle walk downtown Golden on Friday night. It was so cold, but we all bundled up in our snow gear and braved the elements in order to watch the Christmas tree lighting & dropping of the wreath!
It was a joyful affair & the whole gang was there; Santa & Mrs. Claus, even 2 of Santa's reindeer, Vixen and Prancer made appearances! Parker didn't hesitate to yell at Santa about what he's been wishing for during the caroling, Parker yelled at the top of his lungs when he saw Santa (during Silent Night) that he wants "the dolphin thing that goes up and then down for Christmas." (the worst part is that Phil and I aren't completely sure what he's talking about). He was sitting on Bri's shoulders and we both busted up laughing and quickly left the crowd before the song ended!
Nicole's baby was due Friday, so we were all secretly hoping she would go into labor while we were doing the candle walk & we would have to heroically rush her off to the hospital, but Karsten made us wait almost 2 more days before we met him.
With all the activity going on, it was funny to find Parker enjoying this puppet show most of all! Bri & Jo said this guy sets up his puppet show at all the big events in Golden! The kids really loved it!
It was really neat the way they decorated the river walk with lights and I was amazed to see the river was frozen over!
On the walk home the Golden Fire Dpt gave Parker a tour of their firetruck! He was thrilled and asked them so many questions!! They really enjoyed sharing it with him!
Braden had been crying off and on for a while before we finally agreed it was time to get him home. It was really cold anyways; I think it was in the single digits that night!
Saturday morning we went to the Golden parade downtown!
I think the boy's favorite part of the day was the dog cart ride. They were gorgeous Newfinlands!!
I couldn't imaging their food bill every month...hard enough keeping up with Bozlee and Hannah!
Then Sunday morning me and the boys drove to Arvada on the snow packed roads for Kelly's baby shower. I think I frightened the passengers with my loud outbursts of discomfort while I was attempting certain turns or came to a part where I needed to use my brakes! I think it'll take me a while to learn to be comfortable driving in the snow like that...scary! I just don't like not feeling in control... especially with the boys in the car!! The van does really well in the snow though; certainly not four-wheel drive!
Baby Sierra is due near the end of January!! I can't wait to hold that baby girl!!
In case you can't tell, I love babies! What a transition from myself 5 years ago! I swore I wasn't going to have children and now, after having 2 of my own; I'm one of the biggest proponents for pro-creation I know!!
It's shaping up to be such a wonderful Christmas season!! My favorite time of year (and now with snow!)

2 comments:

  1. I bet Parker is referring to the dolphins on the King Tritan's merry-go-round at Disneyland. I can just imagine him yelling that to Santa at the top of his lungs! What a funny kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Seems like you guys are having a blast in Colorado. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete