Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Do! I Do!

Wow, four years of marriage doesn't sound like very long, but it feels like a lifetime already!! It's sometimes hard to remember life without Phil in it!! We had been dating for a year and a half before we got married, but within a couple of months of that first year I knew he was going to always be my Babe!!
We decided to have the ceremony in an old historic chapel about 10 miles behind Humphrey's Peak called The Chapel of the Holy Dove.
Sadly, it wasn't quite large enough for everyone to stand inside during the ceremony, but we were so thankful to have our friends and family there to share this special time with us!! I still get the chills remembering how perfect everything turned out!! It was amazing how all of our friends, family and even the community joined together to quickly plan our special day!!
Phil and I really wanted my father, who was terminally ill at the time, to conduct the wedding service, so it ended up being a race against time to make the arrangements. When my dad took me to buy the dress at a local wedding store we met Ivonne. She was touched by our family's circumstances and donated her wedding planning services!! Ivonne shared our story to couple who had recently relocated to Flagstaff and were professional wedding photographers who also donated their time & captured nearly every moment of the entire day!!! We were so blessed and thankful for all of the support we had during this time!!
Unfortunately Dad's cancer was progressing so quickly & Phil and I both badly wanted him to be the one to marry us so we had a private ceremony at my parents home ten days before the wedding date with Phil and my parents. We were officially married on October 26th, 2005.
Thankfully Dad lived long enough to be present for our wedding celebration with all of our friends and family on November 5th, 2005! Conor conducted the service, Hannis was the Best Man and Abigail was the Maid of Honor!!
It was THE most memorable day of our lives!
Happy Anniversary Babe!!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! 4 years already... it was an amazing wedding. I am so blessed to have been part of it. I love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on Four years and Stephanie, we are still so happy to have you in the family. I understand what you mean about it feeling like you have been married "forever." Time is a funny thing. I can't imagine my life without Marc either. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete