We are so relieved to finally be here after months of planning and preparations! Thank you to everyone for all your support and I'll post some pics when our computer is set back up. Hopefully we'll be moving into the new house by next week! I'm gonna head back to work on Thursday so I don't blow through all my PTO! We unloaded the Uhaul Monday into the garage, so we're not having to haul around that 30-foot beast of a truck anymore! YEAH!
Monday, June 29, 2009
We made it!
We arrived in Highlands Ranch on Sunday around 5:30 pm. The total trip lasted about 30 hours, but not all spent driving! I drove the van, my brother Mike drove the Civic and Babe the Uhaul. We all had walkie talkies so that really made all the difference in the world to be able to communicate with each other the whole way! We left Phoenix at 12:30 pm on Saturday after packing up the rest of the Uhaul. We decided to drive up to Payson and through to Gallup. Dan Werwath opened up his home in Santa Fe for us! We rolled in around 1:00 am and stayed at his beautiful Adobe home! I wish I could have spent more time seeing Santa Fe, but Dan said we can come back anytime! Sunday we finished up the last leg of the trip through New Mexico and Colorado! It was a beautiful drive...everything is SO green right now!! We caught wind of a major storm headed for us from Colorado Springs, so we pulled off at a truck stop to wait it out. While there, Mike checked the weather on his phone and saw there was a 2nd storm cell headed straight for us. So, despite the tornado warning and hail storm; we hopped back on the road and braved our way through it! The kids really did well for being in the cars for 2 days staight! That's not to say it didn't have it's challenges, but all and all I was so thankful to have a couple good road-trippers in tow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good to hear you made it there safely.
ReplyDelete